Request a new one here.
Hosting Donations Welcome
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03-11-2019 16:51
Baltic where are you.

12-10-2019 23:44
Still here, shame Baltic seems not to be joining anymore. Still, he keeps giving us this place. 2020 is around the corner. Grin

08-08-2019 23:19
Hey buddy. Nice to hear from you. And girlfriend, after many years...so do I ! Shock

28-07-2019 15:19
HI TB! Yep, still around. Haven't been here for months though, all well, have a girlfriend, Shock

11-07-2019 01:38
Hey guys. Are we all still around?

28-04-2019 18:53
So, was a while not around, am just here to see whats happening

07-02-2019 02:20
Hi Spy. I was in Germany for about 1.5 years. Glad to be back in the USA except for this crazy President

11-11-2018 14:51
Half Life 3 VR, Valve is working on 3 new big titles, in VR! Will HL3 be one of those?

05-11-2018 20:11
WOW! How fast time flies by! One more month and 2018 is coming to a end! What kind of great games will we play in 2019 ???

06-10-2018 16:56
I read your old thread about moving to there and in there you said you would go from 2017 to 2019, o well, it is indeed almost 2019.

Shoutbox Archive
View Thread
 Print Thread
CtA on Crosus
planetphillip
I wondering whether Leon or Pete gave permission for CtA to be uploaded to Crosus. (www.isotx.com)

Crosus is a mod management and distribution system. It's a fantastic idea and I was in discussions with them regarding a number of potential projects with PP.com

Things seemed to have stalled when I queried the upload agreement.

My problem was that by uploading a map or mod you grant full rights to Isotx to do anything with the mod.

I am re-installing the software to check the agreement. I was beta testing the new client and wrote to the developers expressing my surprise at such a strong agreement. This was a few months ago and I can only assume they didn't like my email.

The problem is that many mods are uploaded by people other than the mod's authors'.

See this link for the CtA entry:
http://www.isotx....hp?id=2479

Okay, took me a long time to find it but here is the relevant passges from the aggreement:

2. Instructions for submitting Submission Material (“Instructions”) can be found on the Website <http://www.crosus.com> Submission Material must meet all the specifications and requirements relating to formatting, compatibility, operating characteristics and submission which can also be found on the Website. While you retain ownership in the Submission Material, by submitting it, you agree that we have a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid-up, transferable, sublicensable, right and license (a) to host, cache, store, maintain, use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform (whether publicly or otherwise), prepare derivative works of and otherwise modify, make, sell, offer to sell, import, export and otherwise use and exploit (and have others exercise such rights on our behalf) all or any portion of such Submission Material, in any form or media (now known or later developed); (Cool to modify all or any portion of such Submission Material, including, without limitation, the making of additions to it or deletions from it, regardless of the effect of such modifications on the integrity of such Submission Material; and (c) [to identify you, or not to identify you, as the creator of the Submission Material or any portion thereof.][to discuss] You further waive any “moral” rights or other rights with respect to authorship or integrity of such Submission Material that you may have under any applicable laws. We shall have the right to use, assign or dispose of the Submission Material however we see fit without approval of or compensation to, you or any third party.
We have the right to license, authorize and/or otherwise enter into agreements and arrangements with third parties to do or perform any of the activities, exercise any of the rights and/or undertake any of the responsibilities granted or imposed under this Agreement, in whole or in part.

The important part is this:
While you retain ownership in the Submission Material, by submitting it, you agree that we have a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid-up, transferable, sublicensable, right and license (a) to host, cache, store, maintain, use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform (whether publicly or otherwise), prepare derivative works of and otherwise modify, make, sell, offer to sell, import, export and otherwise use and exploit (and have others exercise such rights on our behalf) all or any portion of such Submission Material, in any form or media (now known or later developed); (Cool to modify all or any portion of such Submission Material, including, without limitation, the making of additions to it or deletions from it, regardless of the effect of such modifications on the integrity of such Submission Material;

That doesn't seem fair to me and I thought you'd like to know.

I wonder how many author's know that by uploading their work they have given permission to Isotx to basically do whatever they want with the work?
It may be difficult at first,...in the middle....and at the end... so pay somebody else to do it.
(Inspired by CubeDude89 who was inspired by Baltic!)

http://www.planetphillip.com/index.php
planetphillip
I should add that I have found quite a few other mods listed. I have contacted some author's and so far neither (Only 2) have given permission.

I think that perhaps we should somehow contact them as a group.
It may be difficult at first,...in the middle....and at the end... so pay somebody else to do it.

SPY
first i want to thank you for pointing this out to me PP!!!

i never even heart of Crosus, so i didn't upload CtoA for sure, and i also didn't gave permission for taking it.

how dare they!!!!

i am not mapping my ass of for tousands of hours, just so they can take all rights!!

how dare they, no really!!!

and those agreements, to silly for words, who are they to say such things after they steel the stuff!!!
this is really crazy, and i am realy angry about this, (and believe me, i don't get angry soon, you really have to try hard!) but this is outside every boudry!!!

i believe you emidiatly PP, when you say that only 2 gave permission, and the others not! very good of you to ask around, this just has to be STOPPED!!!

and even when someone else should have uploaded the mod, (what i don't believe, i think they just search the web for stuff and then steel it, yes, steel it, becauyse that is what they do!!

i very clearly have stated in the CtoA.txt file that ;

===========================================================================
* Permissions*

All original and composed textures or assets in this level remain property of
the sources respective owners.
You MAY distribute this ZIP in any not-for-profit electronic format (BBS, Internet,
CD, etc) as long as you contact one of us first, and include all files, including this readme, intact in
the original archive.

===========================================================================

so, even when someone else should have uploaded it, then they still need to contact Peter or me.

lets be honest. we don't need them, there are tons of good download sites on the net, right PP! we all know this is true!!

i am so anrgy about this that i realy would like to comment to them staight away. but, my english is not that good, and, more importent ; i have learned not to comment straight away when i am angry, i can say things i later regret. so, i will wait untill we all have our say in this, specialy Peter in this CtoA case. but, i really would like to contact them today, and not wait with this,

again, who are they that they think they can do this!!

maybe you think i over react, but just think about something that you worked on for 1,5 years or so, 6 to 8 hours a dat raughly, would you then not be angry. and people who know me a bit know that you have to try really hard to get me angry, i never am angry, but this simply i can't let happen.

again, we don't need them, who arer they any way!! i never heart of them before!!

now i stop, otherwise i keep repeating myself!

thanks PP!!

leon
leon
Edited by SPY on 03-06-2008 11:49
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

http://www.leon.triplebit.nl/
TB Biggs
Thanks for bringing attention to this Phillip. The T&C's for the site are 9 pages long. I'll do my part and look into this.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

Baltic Forever
Thanks Phillip.

I've been checking that site out and it looks like anyone can upload a mod without being the author of the mod.
I couldn't find any upload agreement on the submission page, but I guess you must see that after you fill in the details.

Maybe we should send an email stating that the mod was uploaded in breach of our own conditions and ask for the name of the person who uploaded it.
< It may be difficult at first. But don't Give Up. >

planetphillip
It's not the site's T&C you need to worry about but the submission agreement. I'll paste it below but am not sure how much text is allowed in each post.

The submission agreement can be found by downloading the application and then proceeding to upload a mod/map/game. You'll need an account to do that. It may also be visible if you try the website upload facility.

I've contacted a number of other author's an d nobody had agreed to their mod being uploaded. (Leon, I phrased my sentence badly. I meant I had received replies from 2 and both had said no) Since then I have heard back from one other and he also hadn't given permission.

Although I started this ball rolling I think I should bow out as gracefully as possible because I don't want isotx to think I have something against them.

One of the other authors suggested that a kind of "class action" contact be made but somebody will need to take responsibility for that.

I will provide the mods that I am pretty sure haven't given permission, along with the list of mods I know haven't.

Anyway, I'll post the agreement in the following post.

planetphillip
Okay, This is the complete text:

SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
November 12, 2007

Please read this Submission Agreement carefully because it represents your legally binding agreement (“Agreement”) with Isotx, Inc. (“us” or “Administrator”) in connection with your submission of Submission Material (defined below) to the websites www.Isotx.com (“Website”) via certain technology, functionality and/or features available to upload, download or otherwise transfer such material (collectively, the “Submission Features”) for possible inclusion, at our sole discretion, on the Isotx website and the directory listing of our CrosuS service (“Isotx Directory”).
Each time you submit Submission Material, or use or attempt to use the Submission Features, you are signifying your agreement with and acceptance of all terms and conditions of this Agreement.

We have the right to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time as described in our Terms Of Use <http://www.isotx.com/index.php?view=4854> you do not agree with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, including, without limitation, those times when we make changes, do not use, do not attempt to use, and immediately discontinue your use of, the Submission Features, because if you do any of these things you are agreeing to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including, without limitation, any changes we have made.

1. The term “Submission Material” means and refers to all content, media and materials you submit to us as well as any accompanying documentation,. When you submit Submission Material, you may also be asked to provide some information about you and your submission. This may include, without limitation, such things as a descriptive title, some information about the Submission Material, type of program, your location and/or similar information. By submitting Submission Material, you are also agreeing and you understand that the term “Submission Material” also includes, without limitation, and refers to all of the information you submit or we may receive that is related to your submission. Personal information collected with submissions is subject to the Website’s Privacy Policy <http://www.isotx.com/index.php?view=4856> and Terms Of Use <http://www.isotx.com/index.php?view=4854>.

2. Instructions for submitting Submission Material (“Instructions”) can be found on the Website <http://www.crosus.com> Submission Material must meet all the specifications and requirements relating to formatting, compatibility, operating characteristics and submission which can also be found on the Website. While you retain ownership in the Submission Material, by submitting it, you agree that we have a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid-up, transferable, sublicensable, right and license (a) to host, cache, store, maintain, use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform (whether publicly or otherwise), prepare derivative works of and otherwise modify, make, sell, offer to sell, import, export and otherwise use and exploit (and have others exercise such rights on our behalf) all or any portion of such Submission Material, in any form or media (now known or later developed); (Cool to modify all or any portion of such Submission Material, including, without limitation, the making of additions to it or deletions from it, regardless of the effect of such modifications on the integrity of such Submission Material; and (c) [to identify you, or not to identify you, as the creator of the Submission Material or any portion thereof.][to discuss] You further waive any “moral” rights or other rights with respect to authorship or integrity of such Submission Material that you may have under any applicable laws. We shall have the right to use, assign or dispose of the Submission Material however we see fit without approval of or compensation to, you or any third party.
We have the right to license, authorize and/or otherwise enter into agreements and arrangements with third parties to do or perform any of the activities, exercise any of the rights and/or undertake any of the responsibilities granted or imposed under this Agreement, in whole or in part.

3. You understand that submitting Submission Material in no way guarantees that it will be placed in the Isotx Directory or otherwise featured on the Website. We may decline or remove applications for reasons not specifically mentioned in this Agreement if we determine there has been a violation of any of our policies. We will not list software that contains viruses, Trojan horses, malicious adware, spyware, or other potentially harmful components. You represent and warrant that the Submission Material does not contain any such items. We respect the user's right to control software that is installed on their computers, and we require that all software in the Isotx Directory provide users with a clear and simple method for removal. We may disallow Submission Material we feel are unnecessarily difficult to uninstall, are obscured, or are resistant to removal. We also may decline Submission Material our editors feel does not meet the general quality standards of the Isotx Directory or does not offer significant value to users.

4. Children under age 18 must have a parent or legal guardian’s written permission to submit Submission Material and such permission must accompany the Submission Material or it will not be considered. If you are under 18 years of age do not use or attempt to use the Submission Features without the written permission of a parent or legal guardian. You should carefully read our Privacy Policy <http://www.isotx.com/index.php?view=4856> for more information regarding the collection of personal information from children.

5. All contents of Submission Material must be completely original to you and must not have been taken or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source other than you, including, without limitation all graphic, video software code and audio elements, imagery and artwork appearing in the Submission Material and must be free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Submission Material. In addition, Submission Material, or any part thereof, must not have been released commercially. If we determine someone other than the legal copyright or trademark holder (or his or her official agent) has submitted Submission Material, we will suspend the product listing. If you would like us to investigate an alleged breach of copyright, please follow the instructions contained in our Terms Of Use <http://www.isotx.com/index.php?view=4854>.

6. You agree you will not submit, or attempt to submit, and we have the right to reject, refuse to accept, or otherwise handle as we deem appropriate, any “Unauthorized Content” which is defined as any Submission Material that is or could be construed as violating any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Submission Material must not contain, include or involve any of the following:

a) Obscenity.

Cool Private property, or other property unless you have obtained a signed property release specific for the uses specified herein.

c) Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols.

d) Nudity.

e) Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements.

f) License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email or otherwise).

g) Website or web page links.

h) Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups.

i) Any materials that would violate other people’s rights or property.

j) Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) behavior or conduct.

k) Conduct or activities in violation of this Agreement.

l) Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Administrator, in its sole discretion.

7. By submitting Submission Material you agree to, confirm and represent to us that neither you nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) any activity or conduct in connection with the Submission Material that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. We are not obligated to review, consider, use, publish, display or broadcast any materials submitted.

8. You hereby grant to us the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning you, and to use your name (including your user name), voice, likeness and biographical data in connection with the Submission Material and/or the distribution, exhibition, advertising and exploitation of the Isotx Directory embodying the Submission Material.

9. You hereby irrevocably grant us the right, within our sole discretion, to embody the Submission Material, or any portion thereof, in the Isotx Directory, and you irrevocably waive any claim, including any claim to any remuneration, other than as expressly provided for herein in connection therewith.

10. You acknowledge that other persons may have submitted Submission Material to us, may have made public or developed, or may originate, submit, make public or develop, material similar or identical to all or a portion of your Submission Material or concepts contained therein, and you understand and agree you will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use or exploitation thereof and the submission of Submission Material, is not any admission of novelty, priority or originality. Even if you subsequently see or learn of a game, presentation, motion picture, image, still photograph, film, video or any other content which appears to incorporate any idea or concept or include anything similar or identical to that contained in any Submission Material you or anyone else submits, that is purely coincidental and unavoidable.

11. You hereby warrant and represent: (a) that you are not a minor, (Cool that you have the full right and power to enter into this agreement and to grant the rights granted hereunder, and that you are not bound by any agreement which would restrict you from granting such rights, (c) that we may use any ideas, concepts, material, in whole or in part, contained in the Submission Material, in the manner described herein (d) that all materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone, including, but not limited to any union, guild or performance rights society; (e) that you have obtained all rights, permissions and licenses necessary for us to use the Submission Material for any purpose; and (f) that no Submission Material or any part thereof infringes any patent, trademark or copyright or otherwise violates anyone’s right of privacy or publicity.

12. Upon our request, you shall furnish any documentation, substantiation and releases necessary and reasonably required to verify and substantiate your compliance with any or all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including, without limitation, the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants.

13. You hereby irrevocably and forever waive, release, discharge, hold harmless and disclaim us and each of our respective directors, officers, agents, representatives, employees, and parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, directors, officers, agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, injuries, causes of action, lawsuits and demands, attorneys’ fees, expenses or other liabilities of any kind (now known or unknown) which you, or any party claiming by, through or for you may have had, now has or hereafter may have against one or more of the Released Parties arising out of or in any way relating to the to the Submission Material and/or the Isotx Directory, no matter how they may be caused.

14. You shall have the status of an independent contractor hereunder, and nothing herein contained shall constitute or contemplate you as our agent or employee.

15. Under no circumstances shall you be entitled to seek termination or an injunction of this agreement, including, without limitation, an injunction with respect to the Isotx Directory.

16.No further payments will be due to you in connection with the Submission Material or the exploitation of the Submission Material and/or the Isotx Directory. You agree that we reserve the sole and exclusive right to sell advertising and otherwise exploit, benefit from and/or realize revenue from the conduct of our business and operating the Website, the Isotx Directory or other platforms and any and all arrangements made with respect thereto, without accounting, obligation or liability to you, notwithstanding that your Submission Material may be displayed on or otherwise used by or in connection with the Website, the Isotx Directory, our software or other platforms.

17. You acknowledge and agree that you have read this agreement.

planetphillip
Pete, yes anybody can upload mods. And in fairness to Isotx, they sued to say (Maybe they still do, I don't know) that permission must be sought from the author.

However, in fairness to justice, if somebody said "can I upload your mod to a website?" You'd probably say "Sure, more coverage the better!"

Anyway, the person who uploaded CtA was:
http://www.isotx....ile;u=5773

One of the first things I suggested in my beta testing was to make the submission agreement the FIRST thing users see, not the last.

DennisG
oh dear

www.dennisglowacki.com
Baltic Forever
Thanks for posting the Agreement Phillip and I understand why you don't want to get too involved. But I've already noticed something which would suggest that the mod was uploaded in breach of that agreement.

11. You hereby warrant and represent: (a) that you are not a minor, (smiley that you have the full right and power to enter into this agreement and to grant the rights granted hereunder, and that you are not bound by any agreement which would restrict you from granting such rights, (c) that we may use any ideas, concepts, material, in whole or in part, contained in the Submission Material, in the manner described herein (d) that all materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone, including, but not limited to any union, guild or performance rights society; (e) that you have obtained all rights, permissions and licenses necessary for us to use the Submission Material for any purpose; and (f) that no Submission Material or any part thereof infringes any patent, trademark or copyright or otherwise violates anyone’s right of privacy or publicity.

Mainly this part;

(e) that you have obtained all rights, permissions and licenses necessary for us to use the Submission Material for any purpose;

I did notice that the name "locosaint" was displayed next to the mod. But I assumed that was the name of the last person who commented.
< It may be difficult at first. But don't Give Up. >

SPY
its getting harder and harder for me to understand this well, (mostly because i have to admit that i am a bit lazy now to read and understand all those long official texts).

in the beginning i only wanted my maps/mappacks/mods be hosted by only 2 to 3 sites at the most, so i could easely see how many downloads i had. but like already is mentioned before, do people upload maps/mods that they liked to other sites. and that can't be stopped, and, now i think its a good thing to be on more hosting sites. but, i still make exceptions. its no use to be on sites that aren't used as downloadsites by the public, (small sites so to speak). its always nice to be able to count the downloads a bit after a year or so.

so, my main problem with this site is the rights they say they have, when i understand them well that is.
they say they can do whatever they like with CtoA, (right?), take parts out of it, or do whatever they like.
and that, i think, just can't be done. i don't think they will cut something out of it, or add something. but i don't even what that they have that possibility, even when they don't do it.
and why do they want that right, ...?

still, what do we do, because when they have the right to cut in it, or do something else, then i want to mail them, so they convince me that they give this right up, or, they delete CtoA again, CtoA already has much more then 100.000 worldwide, guess we are around 130.000 downloads or so, so it doesn't need to be on there side also, its popular enough already and will grow, also without them.

so, what do we do?

leon
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

planetphillip
Okay, here's what I have decided to do...

I will email the authors' of the mods listed on Crosus that I have had contact with and direct them to this thread.

It will then be up to each author to decide what to do. Maybe somebody will agree to be the central contact point and but that's up to somebody else.

Seeing as I don't really have a vested interest in this it seems wrong for me to be the spokesman.

I will provide my contact details for Crosus to anybody who asks.

planetphillip
Personally I think you should ask for a public apology, a change in the way mods are accepted/uploaded, followed by the immediate removal of the mod.

One of the other authors suggested contacting SlashDot or other tech website and mention copyright infringement.

Of course there's no such thing as bad publicity but other authors need to be made aware and I can't email everybody!

SPY
i understand what you say PP, and i think you're right. it would look strange when you woul do that.

again,my english isn't that good. still, that i don't mind that much, when nobody else wants to then i will do it, its to importent this, (for us, and all the other modders to correct this).

i forgot to say 2 other things;

-first, they don't show clearly the name of the makers of the mod, ok, they do give a link to a website, but still, would be nice to name the makers, that's not more then normal!

-and, even when they stated that the uploader of the mod has to be sure that he has the aproval of the makers to do so, then still i really think, that they as hosters should control this, and mail the makers to ask for permission. because they host it, and they know, everyone can upload something. its to easy to hide behind the fact of that it is the responsebility of the uploader, that's to easy, and again, they host it, not the uploader. so they have to contact the makers first. this is just a case of being well brought up, when you use something, you ask first, haven't they learned that, or am i now oldfashion, even so, they need to ask first.

leon

(i think its a good thing to give this thread link to the other modders, when you mail all together we make much more impression as just one modder!)

Mint_Sauce
Hey everyone, I'm one of the Authors of Rock 24, a SP Half-Life 2 mod. Planetphilip alerted me to the fact CtA have Rock 24 on their site.

I have no issues with them hosting the mod as it's non profit but if it has been uploaded by someone and they therefore assume they have rights to modify etc then we are not ok with that.

planetphillip
Okay, I've emailed everybody I know who has a mod listed. Some may have given permission but I doubt it.

I directed everybody to this thread.

There may be many other mods and maps that have not given permission but I don't know. My only involvement now will be to participate in this thread's discussion.

If you prefer to contact the Crosus leader directly here are his details:

Mark Geigel

fitzroy_doll
They also posted my mod CSS SCI FI without permission, and because I do not agree to their license terms I have asked them to remove it. I will report the response here, if I get one.

edit: if anyone is contemplating a group email, feel free to include my objections.

edit 2:

Okay that was fast. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your email.
CrosuS is dedicated to hosting and sharing freely distributable game content. We are providing the service free, and allow users to upload and download content for free,
so long that serving the content does not offend anyone.

Per your request, I have removed access to your mod from our servers. We have been and are developing our own mods and so we greatly honor your rights to your composition, and apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused by serving the mod as it was uploaded on our system.

Nevertheless, we would however be interested to hear what parts of the license agreement you did not like.
Our general purpose with this agreement was to defend the composer's right by demanding from the uploaders to make sure that the content they upload is indeed permitted for redistribution.
The agreement however was composed by lawyers, and, you know how they are, so if you feel they over-did their job, we'd love it if you could show us where so we can take it back to them to be repaired.

Looking forward to read from you again,

Eyal / Isotx

I am composing a reply that says "everything in part 2 of the agreement".
Edited by fitzroy_doll on 04-06-2008 12:42

http://www.amphibian.myzen.co.uk/css_sci_fi/
SPY
Hi Mint_sauce and Fitzroy_doll, welkom at sp-mods.com.

ofcourse are we familair with your Rock24 mod, i played it with great pleasure. and you're right, its also my biggest problem, that they think they have that right, and that even when its uploaded by not one of the makers!

I'm sorry, but i always try to be honest, and therefore i have to admit i never played your mod Fitzroy, probebly because its a mp mod, and i never play mp, am only in to sp, but, nothing against mp!! and i do know the mod, have seen lots of screens of it and they look amazing!!

that's my second problem with them, they should ALWAYS ask if they may host something, but those rights, they are ridiculous!!!

maybe we can put somekind of text (mai) together and that everyone who agrees with that text can put his name under it. so they know its not just one modder complaining.

leon
Edited by SPY on 04-06-2008 12:43

fitzroy_doll
Okay. I think they are going to be reasonable. I forwarded them the relevant sections of their license agreement and this was their reply:

I've forwarded our correspondence to the proper decision makers in Isotx, and hopefully we'll get things changed right.
I don't think there was ever an intention to sell or modify other people's work, so I wonder how it made its way into the agreement.

In the meantime I thank you again for letting us know about it,
And hopefully in the near future we would be able to host your mod again.

All the best,

Eyal

http://www.amphibian.myzen.co.uk/css_sci_fi/
SPY
well, that sounds indeed reasonable. still, like he says himself;

"...so I wonder how it made its way into the agreement"

guess best is we still write also, so they know there more modders who don't like this, otherwise they could think its only one modder.

leon

Jump to Forum: