Request a new one here.
Hosting Donations Welcome
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

28-10-2017 13:12
Dein Deutsch ist immer besser, sehr gut! LOL Grin

17-10-2017 23:28
Just back from urlaub in USA. Alles gut und du?

07-10-2017 13:13
How are we all doing guys? Wink Leon

07-09-2017 17:08
Thanks for fixing it Baltic, because i use the Search quit often. Grin

04-09-2017 18:31
The Search button is now working. There ware just a couple of script files left over from a previous version that were causing a conflict.

27-08-2017 13:37
DID WIN PLACE 14 IN SERIOUS SAM MOD CONTEST! (14 out of 20). So, rather bad, lol

16-08-2017 09:52
Hi Baltic, the "search" button doesn't seem to work anymore on this site, do get a error message. Wink

26-07-2017 12:34
Serious Sam Bogus detour mod released!

12-07-2017 11:00
Working hard on the Serious Sam mod and all goes well, will show stuff before the weekend!! Grin

01-07-2017 21:26
It's probably better than mine TB.

Shoutbox Archive
View Thread
Baltic Forever.com » Current Events » Brexit
 Print Thread
New Beginning or The End?
Baltic Forever
I guess you will have to be living on Mars not to know that the UK People have decided to leave Europe, but it could have all been avoided if the EU had allowed the UK to limit Immigration. So where do we go from here?

Well it appears we go nowhere fast because it turns out that the UK does NOT have a clue about how to negotiate it's way out of Europe. And I guess that's why they are stalling for time.

I only have limited information about what is happening in this country because it's illegal for me to watch TV.
But it does look like there are already some consequences because the value of the Pound is in free fall and there has been over a 50 percent rise in hate crime. Someone had there shed burned down and they found a letter made from newspaper cuttings saying that there family will be next. Even parents picking there kids up from school are being told to go back to there Country by other parents and I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

I didn't vote myself but I would have voted to leave.
< It may be difficult at first. But don't Give Up. >

SPY
Thanks for opening this topic Baltic.
It does amaze me a bit to hear that you would have voted for leaving EU because its the worst option of severel bad option when you ask me.
Ofcourse is the EU a big problem on its own. When they started it they weren't ready at all for it. Many rules that they made themselves (the EU coverment) they did break right away. And that is why we had all these years those problem and we still have them today. Like the problems with the south of europe, the curtency itself and the ever growing of the EU.

I was also a bit amazed by how people seem to have voted in UK, a lot of people voted to leave because they wanted to sent a message to the UK goverment. On some level i do understand that, but at the same time its quit silly because this referendum was not at all about trust in your goverment, but about leaving EU.
Seems quit a few people voted leave but thought it would never come to that, we all know better now.

It does coast UK quit some money, and we can only hope things will turn out better in the future. But it seems the EU goverments want to make the UK bleed, and will play as hard as possible.

The last news i did hear seem to go like that the UK will be over time back in the EU, or will not leave it fully. But, only time will tell. I am however very interested to see what will become of Shotland and Irland, because they are now having there own referendum, about leaving the UK. And that was something nobody could forsee.

The hate against foreners i never did expect, and it really is quit alarming!
I really hope that is only a matter of time before it all will calm down.

Leon
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

http://www.leon.triplebit.nl/
TB Biggs
A shame really. When i was in Ireland and Germany, Brexit was all people talked about. some for it but most were against a UK / EU exit. In the news here in the States it's mostly about the collapse of the British pound and devalue of the economy. The comparison would be having a US State leave the US and go on its own. Not good by any means.

You said it's "illegal" to watch TV! What on earth does that mean. At a minimum, what about the internet and news?
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

Baltic Forever
@SPY

The main reason why I would have voted to leave the EU was because of immigration.
The country can't cope with the amount of people coming into the country because we are running out of housing and we have to pay them to stay here.
I don't have a problem with people from other countries wanting to live here, but the EU refused to let the UK place a limit on that number.
There were other reasons, but that was the one which made me want to leave the EU.

I haven't heard anything about anyone voting to leave just to send a message the UK government but it wouldn't surprise me if you are right. There are a lot of people who hate the government so voting against them would be something they would do. But the damage is done now so it's down to the government to decide if we leave or stay because it's not over yet.

At the minute Scotland have two options that I know of. Scotland can either block the UK from leaving the EU, or they can call another referendum to leave the UK. I'm not sure about Ireland because I haven't hared any news about that country since the referendum so you probably know more than what I do.

The increase in hate crime is directly linked to the vote because people think they are finally going to get control over immigration and jobs again. But it's only a very tiny percentage of the population who are making trouble.

@TB
The drop in the pound is actually good for the UK economy because that should give exports a boost. And I've just checked the UK stock market and it is actually doing quite well. But it's still early days because we won't be triggering article 50 until next year.

The BBC charges people a tax to watch any video broadcast on a TV, Smartphone or internet if it is being streamed live . Basically what that means is that I can't watch any video on any device that can receive a TV signal. It's probably the only tax I can legally choose NOT to pay.

TB Biggs
I live in a country of immigrants and actually came from immigrant parents. But that was back when the worlds population was less than 5 billion. We are now at 7 billion and counting. It's just not sustainable. Every corner of the globe is being squeezed. Merkel opened up the German borders to immigrants and look whats happened there.

Here in the States, its the Mexicans and South Americans. Most of course are good but the bad ones are really bad. They bring crime and drugs. I'm fluent in spanish because i have to be. Culturally this influx has changed America, I feel, for the worse. These people do not have the same motivation my grandparents brought. Hard work ethic has been replaced by laziness and handouts.

Baltic Forever
It looks like Germany and France have a terror attack almost on a daily bases recently.

And it's strange that you should mention about the Mexicans because I've just finished watching a documentary about that exact same topic.
It looks like the American people are voting for Trump for the same reason we voted to leave the EU.

I forgot to mention previously that there has been a report of a slowdown in the economy. But that was based on feedback from 650 companies so it isn't really accurate.

TB Biggs
The USA just had our first female nominee for President in the 240 year history of the country. Yes we are young compared to your countries but nonetheless its a milestone and history making here. And it's about time. Old white men have ruled this country for too long and not many of them have done it well. It's time for a woman.

SPY
I fully agree with you TB, its indeed time to break with the old white male ruling.
Although i am afraid that Hillery is already so long between those guys that she will not be much different, but let's hope.
At least she is a female.
Still, even Obama said he would make the big difference and he also was not able to do so. I guess its the systhem itself. Both parties keep attacking the other and nothing really gets done. Still, doesn't matter who runs president against Trump, because everything better as him in the oval office. I simply can't believe that there will be so many people in the USA that really want that to happen. But, its the same as the Brexit as as Baltic said. Seems people vote also in the US for the wrong reason for Trump.

Because he WILL be the final push the middle east and Russia need to get a real dissaster on our hands. He moves and talk like a wale between chinees tea cups.

Just a few more months and we will all know,

Leon
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

Baltic Forever
It's beginning to look like the next President of the USA is going to be a woman.

Baltic Forever
There is a new documentory on the BBC IPlayer website which explains what happened before and during the Brexit vote and where it all went wrong. But you may need to use a Proxy to watch it because I can't download it.

http://bbc.in/2b8...

SPY
Sorry, but your link only works in the Uk. But that is ok.
I did follow that progress quit well, seems it all started with David Cameron who wanted to win the election and he only could do so by saying this voting on it would be possible if he did get elected. He cambled, and lost.
Seems that Theresa May is not such a bad choise as a new MP.
Although it seems UK doesn't have well experienced people who can get the best out of the Brexit for the UK. I heart they need to hire or 'buy'them from big banks and such and those people have different interests. So its quit interesting how this whole thing will unfold.

Leon

Leon

Baltic Forever
It's going to cost about 3 billion Pounds to exit but I don't think it will happen.
The goverment have a very good track record for doing U-Turns.

Jump to Forum: