Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Hosting Donations Welcome
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

17-10-2017 23:28
Just back from urlaub in USA. Alles gut und du?

07-10-2017 13:13
How are we all doing guys? Wink Leon

07-09-2017 17:08
Thanks for fixing it Baltic, because i use the Search quit often. Grin

04-09-2017 18:31
The Search button is now working. There ware just a couple of script files left over from a previous version that were causing a conflict.

27-08-2017 13:37
DID WIN PLACE 14 IN SERIOUS SAM MOD CONTEST! (14 out of 20). So, rather bad, lol

16-08-2017 09:52
Hi Baltic, the "search" button doesn't seem to work anymore on this site, do get a error message. Wink

26-07-2017 12:34
Serious Sam Bogus detour mod released!

12-07-2017 11:00
Working hard on the Serious Sam mod and all goes well, will show stuff before the weekend!! Grin

01-07-2017 21:26
It's probably better than mine TB.

01-07-2017 17:43
Mein deutsch is nicht sehr gut, haba besser schreiben

Shoutbox Archive
View Thread
Baltic Forever.com » SP-Mods.com » Lounge
 Print Thread
List of old games which work on Windows 10.
Baltic Forever
Over the last few weeks I've been installing some of my old games just to see which ones actually work (if any) using Windows 10. And I got a bit of a shock because every game I have played has actually worked.
Here is a list of games I have tried out so far;

Thief - Deadly Shadows
Works without any new problems.

The Da Vinci Code
Works without any problems.

Unreal II - The Awakening
Works with a slight modification to the Unreal2.ini file.
Search for [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]= and add ";" to the beginning of the line.
it should look like this.
;[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]=

SOF II GOLD Single Player
This was actually where it all began because this was the game that got me started with MP mapping. And it was SPY who convinced me to work with him on a SP mapping project. So now you know how my interest in making SP games all began.
I almost forgot to mention that I've installed the SoF2 editor and it still works!!!
www.balticforever.com/images/sof2_1_t.jpg

TimeShift

Doom 3
Edited by Baltic Forever on 16-09-2016 20:46
< It may be difficult at first. But don't Give Up. >

TB Biggs
The game that got me into gaming was Lord of the Rings. I played it for weeks over and over. Then i found Riddick and had to buy a new computer to play...so I did. And then it was Half Life 2 ----- followed by Coastline to Atmosphere. The rest is history.

It's funny that you are playing old games. I recently cleaned my basement and found my old favorite games. I've reinstalled Riddick and it works great. It gives me that same old feeling when i first played it. I just finished TimeShift. Fun stuff those old games.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

Baltic Forever
I've never played Lord of the Rings but Riddick has to be one of the best games I have ever played.

It's strange that you should mention TimeShift because I started playing that game right after finishing SoF2. I'm just glad that it worked this time because it didn't work in Windows 7.
Another game I've just been trying out is Doom 3 witch also works in Windows 10.

SPY
I still have windows 7, my brother needed to install 10 (for his work as computer repairer)
and he told me that he rather kept 7.
So, i still use 7 and for the most old games i don't have any trouble with.
A year ago or so i played a few old games, believe i made a topic here about it.
The last few months i mainly play the new doom(4) and Just Cause 3. Both great games,
had to buy both, torrents are not avaleble because of new protection system.

Its funny you did start about the Sof2 Radiant editor Baltic because just the other day i
thought about using Radiant as test. Maybe you remember the indie game Overdose on Moddb;
http://www.moddb....s/overdose
Years ago i asked if they could use me as a mapper, but they didn't like my mapping style.
2 weeks ago or so they asked the community if there were mappers and npc modelers who
would like to help them. I commented i did offer help years ago but wasn't good enough for them.
Should they want me then they could mail me.
People started to tell them that they were crazy they didn't use my help. And now they want me, but that is a bit late.
They use by the way Radiant, a Quake2 clone but VERY updated by themselves. I decided still not to help
them because its a mp game, and, its unpayed. At least for now.
Still, they offered me there Radiant version and all there tools and assets.
So, that is how i thought about working again with Radiant. Would love to map with
Sof2 again, even now. LOVED that game ans still do.

Leon

edit;
My biggest reason not to work with them is that i don't have any saying in of this game will ever be released at all.
They are working on it for 7 years now and still its not certain if they succeed in releasing.
And i don't want to start with a new project, even unpayed, if i don't have any saying in if it will ever be released.
(because you know me, when i start a project, it WILL be finished. lol)
Edited by SPY on 21-09-2016 12:22
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

http://www.leon.triplebit.nl/
Baltic Forever
I've had a try of that editor they are using to make Overdose and it's really good.
Just a shame I can't use it to finish off my SoF2 project because GTKRadiant won't save any changes to maps.

SPY
O? that is strange.
Are you sure you are using the right GTKRadiant version?
I checked my own website were i placed the names of all editors i used and i did find these
Radiant versions there, (beside the CodRadiant which is ofcourse for COD mapping);

GtkRadiant 1.3.7.dev,Gtk 1.3.8 and 1.3.13

and i am quit sure i used those for Sof2 mapping.
I am quit sure that there is still a (probably very) small Sof2 mapping community, maybe you could ask there otherwise.

May i ask why you are looking in to Sof2 mapping again, is it that you want to start something new there. Because i have been thinking about it also, but just the very low amount of people who will download it these days have decided me to not go forward with it. Even when we map ofcourse not only for those download numbers.

Leon
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

Baltic Forever
The reason why GTKRadiant doesn't save is because of the new security features in Windows7 and above.

I just wanted to finish the second level of my game which I made just before we started working with the Hammer editor. I stopped working on my project to work on HL2 mapping. But it's not really important because I will be getting back to using the Unreal4 editor soon.

SPY
That you still have that old SOF2 project.
I do remember that we just had started with a new sp-mappack for Sof2 when we started with HL2 mapping. And for that i already had finished 4 complete maps, for which you even made some custom rock textures i seem to remember.
But, i don't have those 4 maps anymore. To much hard disks breaking down, lol.
Not backed up anything those days.

But, it does amaze me that windows 7 and 10 make saving impossible, windows 10 maybe, i wouldn't know. But 7 also? Very strange. But i assume the community will have found a way around that problem by now i assume. Would love picking Sof2 mapping up again, its just that hardly anyone playes it anymore. So why make a lot of work then for it.

Leon

Baltic Forever
It's strange that you should mention about those four SoF2 maps because I think I still have them on one of my hard drives.

SPY
Oh?!
That would be fun, to complete them or just release them as 4 levels. Quit sure people would love to play them, at least i would love to play them again because i really don't know anymore how they looked. I just have one image in mind of a bridge like construction made out of rocks for which you made a rocktexture i believe.
Should you come accross them then maybe you would like to upload them,

Leon

Baltic Forever
I will look for the files the next time I am in my workshop. It's the coldest room in the house so I only go in there when I have to.

SPY
Why do you keep the computers/hardrives there?
Is colt good for hardware?
And would be great when you could find them again, but take your time.

Leon

Baltic Forever
It's safe to store electronic equipment in a cold room providing it doesn't get too cold.
But I do gradually warm the room up slightly before I power everything on to reduce the risk of condensation forming.

Jump to Forum: