Request a new one here.
Hosting Donations Welcome
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

28-10-2017 13:12
Dein Deutsch ist immer besser, sehr gut! LOL Grin

17-10-2017 23:28
Just back from urlaub in USA. Alles gut und du?

07-10-2017 13:13
How are we all doing guys? Wink Leon

07-09-2017 17:08
Thanks for fixing it Baltic, because i use the Search quit often. Grin

04-09-2017 18:31
The Search button is now working. There ware just a couple of script files left over from a previous version that were causing a conflict.

27-08-2017 13:37
DID WIN PLACE 14 IN SERIOUS SAM MOD CONTEST! (14 out of 20). So, rather bad, lol

16-08-2017 09:52
Hi Baltic, the "search" button doesn't seem to work anymore on this site, do get a error message. Wink

26-07-2017 12:34
Serious Sam Bogus detour mod released!

12-07-2017 11:00
Working hard on the Serious Sam mod and all goes well, will show stuff before the weekend!! Grin

01-07-2017 21:26
It's probably better than mine TB.

Shoutbox Archive
View Thread
Baltic Forever.com » SP-Mods.com » Lounge
 Print Thread
Working on new mod!!! (Serious Sam type)
SPY
Yep, you did read it right. Am working on a new mod!
Not with Source but with a Unity close engine used for making the game;
Serious Sam's Bogus Detour

Its a rather easy to use editor ones you have watched a few video tuts.
I downloaded this game which was made by a indie group from Sweden.
Moddb and the devs from this Sam close game has writen out a mod and art
contest, the prizes are huge;

1 prize;
2000,-- dollar plus mod added to original game!

2 prize;
NVidea 1080 GPU
Serious Sam prize pack
(which contains as far as i understand it ALL Serious Sams games 6 in total i believe)

3 prize;
Logitech G904 gaming mouse
Logitech G910 Orion keyboard
Serious Sam prize pack

4-10 prizes;
Serious Sam prize pack.

So, great prizes, but even when i don't win, it is still fun to join, and it seems hardly anyone one is even joining which
makes the change of wining much bigger! Smile

I will give here links to some video's and pages;

video beginners tut game editor;
https://www.youtu..._xS6il5Xzg

gameplay video of game itself;
https://www.youtu...pi119gqsIs

Moddb page for contest;
http://www.moddb....ompetition

Antries need to be submitted before July 22nd 2017.
Judging will commence once the competition has concluded and winners will be announced a few weeks later, before August 22 2017.

So, i have to work hard but who knows, maybe i can win something lol.

Leon
Edited by SPY on 29-06-2017 10:22
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

http://www.leon.triplebit.nl/
TB Biggs
Exciting news Spy. I wish you fun and success. Keep us updated. Are you working alone on this one? Maybe i will even d/l the content too!
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

Baltic Forever
That's great to hear because you have always wanted to make a top down shooter.
I always knew you would eventually get back into making games, but you only have three weeks to complete it.
< It may be difficult at first. But don't Give Up. >

SPY
Yes, i am working on it solo. And i do have indeed 3 weeks left or so,
which means a not so big mod but that is ok. Took me nearly a week
to get familiar with this editor because there are no tuts what so ever
out there other then tuts for a different game which uses a much older
version of this engine and editor. So it looks a bit the same but in
important things it doesn't look anything alike. Glad to say i found
someone who has learned more so he could help me out a bit.

This editor does things very strangely, and for no good reason. It
feels like it is made by someone who never worked with another editor
before and therefore it does follow ways that simply are extra difficult
and odd. I will make videos of it later this week and next week and
open a new mod page on moddb.
As soon as i have something to show i will do so here,

Leon
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

SPY
Have been working very hard on the mod daily, as usual, lol.
And i have made quit some progress, what took most of my time till
now was to learn how to work with the editor because it is so different
from the editors that i used to work with till now. It is really completely
different. But, i get the hang of it now.

Antries need to be submitted before July 22nd 2017, so i don't have much
time anymore. I am about 70% in to my first level and i hope to be able
to make a 2 maps mod, or maybe even a 3 maps mod. But for sure a 2
maps mod.

I will make some screenshots and a video to show you what i have been
doing and will upload it tomorrow or the day after, for sure before the
weekend.

Leon

Baltic Forever
No hurry for a movie clip because it's more important to spend all available time working on the mod. You can make a clip after the closing date.

I'm thinking of getting back into game making myself but not for any compertition.
I bought a VR headset which arrived a couple of days ago, and now I want to make my own VR games. But that's anothe topic.

Maybe you could continue with your mod after the release date and also release it as a full mod like C to A because I don't think you can stop after 2 or 3 levels Wink
< It may be difficult at first. But don't Give Up. >

SPY
Well, 3 more days and then i need to sent it in for the competition.
But i haven't done nearly as much work as i hoped i would have. I still
haven't even finished the first level!

The biggest problem with it is that i still don't know fully how the editor works, and to get high points as entry the levels need to be complex, not just waves of enemies.
I also have looked in to adding my own textures and models (with are just pixels in this case). And took me almost a week but now i know how to do it, it is just so much work that i would take weeks to make a pack of textures and models.
I have lost a lot of time with learning things, 4 weeks for a competition of this nature is WAY to less. And then, they hardly suport it, i have asked many questions for tuts on many different sites, and mailed them to, but no answer. After 2,5 i found there steam page and there one dev answers. But, i think he is a coder because his answers hardly always cover the topic. Most of the times he forgets half of the explanation, or he tells it all but in such a complex way that it isn't understandeble at all.

3 days left and till now there is 1 other mod and 2 art drawings, so it looks like there are hardly any people joying although it could be that most sent in there work the last day as i do. So to make a real chance of winning something i have decided to finish the one level and then make at least 1 drawing as art to sent in. Maybe i win something that was because the level that i am making is really very averadge.

we'll see, but to answer your question Baltic. Normaly i would indeed not stop after just a few levels. But i am quit sure i will not go on with this game. Its fun but not so much fun as real 3D editors. This 2D stuff has only so much options and a lot of ideas that i have simply don't work because of the 2D world.

3 days left...
Leon

TB Biggs
2 more days. you can do it!

SPY
Hi TB! Long time no see, still happy with your choise to relocate to Germany?
Can imagine that the first few months are not that easy in a new country with
no friends and relatieves from home around you. But this will get better over
time.

About the contest, yep, just checked and i still have 1 day and 10 hours to go.
So i will for sure have 2 levels ready to entry, and i even want to make one drawing
and sent it in, maybe i can win that win some serious prizes. The mods entered
are very well made, most of them had the game in beta form and were already
working on mods for months. So it is impossible to get something as well made as
these guys have. But with drawings i sill may have a chance.
As soon as i am done i will show some footage or even make a walkthrough play video
so you guys can see what i have been working so hard on for the last 4 weeks.
Have to work now again, those 34 hours will be gone before i know it.
ShockGrin

Leon

TB Biggs
Yes Germany is good. I am happy with my decision to move here. Thank you for asking.
Did you make it in time for the contest?

SPY
Yep, i did, but it was, as always insane.
The last 2 days i worked for 13 hours or so each day on the mod. Specially the last day, saterday was just insane. I still had about 5 hours to finish and sent it in and then i did get a HUGE headache. But, i needed to finish it so i worked on. Ones i was done at 1:00 at night my headpain was so serious that i had to trow up till around 4 o clock at night.
I was asking myself why i even bothered so much. But, you know me, (insane), lol.
All is done now and they can vote, don't think i will win any of the first 3 prizes because there are really great mods out there. Most of them had the game for months as early beta and were already working on mods. So it was not completley fair, but ok, i knew this in advance. Still, i will win all Serious Sam games, about 6 or so of them, because the first 20 mods do get these game prizes, and there are 18 mods in total. So, even when i am nr 18 i still win those.
Great, even when i own all these games already, lol

You can find my mod here;
http://www.moddb....ship-wreck

ones i have time i will make a gameplay walkthough video so you can see what i made.

Leon
(sorry Baltic that i completely forgot to answer your comment about you being working on VR games!!! Really AWESOME> Never played with VR classes but i think it will be so great to do so. Although i do am afraid of headaches because it is so close to your eyes. What is your experience with this?)

TB Biggs
Leon. Glückwünsche. I am sure it was a lot of work but you made it on time. So proud of you. I cannot wait to see your work my friend.

SPY
Am working on a walkthrough video, will not take to much time to view.
Will take probably around 30 min.s or so max, to play both levels.

Am also making walkthrough video's by the way of all my Soldiers of Fortune 2 sp-mods,
better said, have just started with that last night. So you can see those also if you are interested TB. And Baltic, maybe it will be fun for you to see those maps back againa after sooooooo many years, lol.

Leon

TB Biggs
I'm always interested in your work. Look forward to the new SS mod video.

Jump to Forum: