Request a new one here.
Hosting Donations Welcome
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03-11-2019 16:51
Baltic where are you.

12-10-2019 23:44
Still here, shame Baltic seems not to be joining anymore. Still, he keeps giving us this place. 2020 is around the corner. Grin

08-08-2019 23:19
Hey buddy. Nice to hear from you. And girlfriend, after many years...so do I ! Shock

28-07-2019 15:19
HI TB! Yep, still around. Haven't been here for months though, all well, have a girlfriend, Shock

11-07-2019 01:38
Hey guys. Are we all still around?

28-04-2019 18:53
So, was a while not around, am just here to see whats happening

07-02-2019 02:20
Hi Spy. I was in Germany for about 1.5 years. Glad to be back in the USA except for this crazy President

11-11-2018 14:51
Half Life 3 VR, Valve is working on 3 new big titles, in VR! Will HL3 be one of those?

05-11-2018 20:11
WOW! How fast time flies by! One more month and 2018 is coming to a end! What kind of great games will we play in 2019 ???

06-10-2018 16:56
I read your old thread about moving to there and in there you said you would go from 2017 to 2019, o well, it is indeed almost 2019.

Shoutbox Archive
View Thread
 Print Thread
Rock 24 sp-Mod
SPY
i assume that most have played it already a while ago, i just learned about this HL2 sp-mod a few days ago. have downloaded and installed it and am trying to play it.

my biggest question is, does anyone of you had some similar crashing problems with it, because it crashes time after time, with very nasty crashes. it's not that HL2 just crashes and stops, but it makes my whole window operating system keep stuck what most of the times only can be solved by re starting my pc. takes about 5 minutes to get out of Rock 24, screen is stuck and sound keeps repeating.

the first crash was when map 2 loads, deleted the whole mod and downloaded and installed it again. did this because the download could be corrupted. but that wasn't the case, because same thing happened 2 times after that with loading map2.
in map2 i also crashes half way 2 times and now the same happens in map3.
i think the maps aren't optimized at all, ot badly done because in several placed i get big drops in fps. also do i notice mapping errors here and there. but, i have to say, it looks great and it has nice futures. it's a real shame, those crashes. i have stopped playing it, because of the serious crashes with the game, and windows!!

leon
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

http://www.leon.triplebit.nl/
TB Biggs
First, I have played Rock 24 and did not particularly like this mod. I felt like it was more of a showcase game with some action thrown in the middle.

Second, about the crashes. My system used to crash (meaning screen freeze) all the time when playing any HL2 game and the only way out was to reboot. So, before I play any HL2 game, I go into my MSCONFIG and HIDE all Microsoft Services. And I've never had a crash since on any game/mod.

To do this:
1. click Start
2. click Run
3. Type in msconfig
4. under the Services Tab, check the box for Hide all Microsoft Services
5. click Apply and then you will need to Restart

Hope that works.
Edited by TB Biggs on 03-01-2007 20:16
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

DennisG
Hmmm wierd I guess im luck. Ive never had any problems like this.

And about the "hide all microsoft services" Its not turning them off or anything its just hiding them from the list. (As far as i Know it doesnt to anything to them, other then you cant see them)

www.dennisglowacki.com
TB Biggs
You are right cubedude, I forgot to add this part:

Under the General Tab:

1. Check the box for Selective Startup
2. uncheck Process WIN.INI File
3. Uncheck load startup items

and then I do the step listed in post above.

SPY
what a strange thing TB B, that you always had troubles with HL2 and mods to play without crashing, without doing what you explained above. i can play all mods very well, it's just this one specialy, so i asume that it has to do with the optimization of the maps. i'm using now a 2,2 Ghz with 756 ram, so that also could cause some problems with havely detailed maps like there. with my own 3 Ghz 512 ram i never had any problems.

leon

(but i have to agree, that this mod also didn't do much for me. it was a bit much to much of the same. hallways, doors to open, hallways again, the ship in the beginning i liked much, and the cutscenes made of it. but the rest is, like HL itself was, find a button for a door map, and there are still no good fights to fight, and that after playing 3 maps. i'm more a guy of heavely firefights, as you know.
so i don't think i will bother going on with this rock 24

leon
Look for my Sof2, Quake2, Cod, HL2, Cod2, Prey sp-map in the Download section of SP-mods.com

TB Biggs
SPY wrote:
what a strange thing TB B, that you always had troubles with HL2 and mods to play without crashing, without doing what you explained above...

Well, actually I didn't always have troubles! I played HL2 completely w/o any issues at all. Then, when I did a replay of the game-my system began to crash whenever the fps went up. It was very frustrating and I tried a lot of things but nothing worked. Then, I read a post from Valve support suggesting the msconfig-and I've never had a crashing problem since.

The thing I don't understand is that my computer has plenty of horsepower:
Pentium 4
3.4 GHz
1.0 GB RAM

SPY
haha, yes, that should be enough. a full clean install of HL2 will aslo healp to fix things sometimes. but when the msconfig- fixed the problem then it's also ok.

although it's starnge that the game crashed before with high fps, you should think with low fps, but the importent thing is that it is fixed.

leon

Jump to Forum: